Just finished this.
What A Beautiful Face: A Neutral Milk Hotel Fanzine!, compiled by K. Johnson
What A Beautiful Face is yet another gem of a zine from the folks at Microcosm Distribution / Punch Drunk Press. As the name says, this is a zine tribute to one of Athens’ most beloved bands, Neutral Milk Hotel. In these pages are photos, show reviews, essays, and short stories compiled from some of the best folks currently writing, including Adam Gnade and Rich Baiocco. Tinged with melancholy and nostalgia, What A Beautiful Face almost feels like a Neutral Milk record, organic and natural; it’s something to be held in your hands and enjoyed, shared in dusty bedrooms and quiet corners, and looked at years down the line, still with a smile, saved from a simpler time.
I’d definitely recommend picking up this zine while it’s still available, whether you’re a NMH fan or not. You can do so here.
- faunatune likes this
- chautheknives reblogged this from dakotafloyd
- joycefante likes this
- thedfl likes this
- shwardo likes this
- shwardo reblogged this from wearepioneerspress
- kurlozmakawaii reblogged this from wearepioneerspress
- wearepioneerspress reblogged this from dakotafloyd
- sacrosanctlocks likes this
- driftingintodreaming likes this
- panicsinlondon reblogged this from dakotafloyd
- panicsinlondon likes this
- rustbeltjessie likes this
- imajedimaster likes this
- rachelbrowne likes this
- dakotafloyd posted this